Orlando Science Center’s mission is to inspire science learning for life.
The Science Center provides a safe, fun, nurturing environment that promotes hands-on learning while fostering excitement in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). Our programs create an environment that encourages 21st century skills such as critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills necessary for our children to thrive. In an age dependent on innovation and creativity, our programs provide children with a platform for cultivating their interests while working collaboratively with their peers to develop lifelong skills that will enrich their lives and future community.
777 East Princeton Street, Orlando, FL 32803
Get the entire family involved during a fun, educational, hands-on science program! Family Science Nights engage students, families, and teachers in the process of scientific inquiry through hands-on activity-based stations. This unique program is ideal for family nights, PTA programs, fundraisers, or community events.
Our Family Science Nights include…
• 90-minutes of hands-on science experiments and activities
• Supplies for 15 interactive stations
• Two trained Orlando Science Center Educators to facilitate your event
• Cooperative learning opportunities among students, parents, and teachers
• Material aligned to classroom curricula Sunshine State Standards and Florida Academic Standards
• Set-up and break-down assistance in your cafeteria, auditorium, or other large room
• Passport worksheets to encourage student participation
• Family take-home activities and flyers available at www.osc.org/educators
• A raffle prize of 4 Orlando Science Center General Admission tickets to one lucky participant! (Passports used as drawing entries)
This program is not eligible for the Arts and Culture Access Grant, which is restricted to programs during the school day. However, schools can purchase a program.
Requires a large room such as a cafeteria or auditorium with 15 tables set up for the 15 activity stations. These stations are run by 15 volunteers from your school. Requires nearby access to water and electrical outlets.
At your school or community event!
$470 per Family Night, plus a round-trip mileage fee of $1.50 per mile.
All programs are subject to a 20% cancellation fee. Cancellations made within two weeks of the program date forfeit any refund.